My ex-spouse wants to move out of state with our children. Can they do that?

Michigan law allows a parent with primary custody of a child to move up to 100 miles away from where they lived at the time the court issued the custody order, but they must remain in the state. To move any further away, or to move out of Michigan, the parent either needs the other parent’s consent or a court order.